Tuesday 4 January 2011

Summer Holiday...

Last summer I did not go anywhere on holiday, stayed in Blighty all year long. Having put up with the miserable weather last year and given we are probably going be seeing the same nonsense again, I will have to get away this year. Even a couple of weeks in the sun will be good.

Not sure where to go through. Two years ago went to sunny Monaco. The weather was hot, the cars were fast and the beer was expensive. The cost of a pint was £6 which is almost double London prices but still it was great. The sun, the sea, the shopping and everything else beginning with the letter 'S' was lovely. Having been here once, though it was good, don't want to go back to the same place again.

There is the option of going to Spain but been to various parts of Spain many times. From Tenerife, Ibiza, Barcelona, and many other places, have been there and got the t-shirt. As a teenager, this was the destination of choice. The flights were cheap and the overall cost of the holiday was inexpensive. The night-life was incredible, it was all about sleeping all day and roaming the clubs and bars in the evening and into the early hours of the morning.

I fancy going somewhere further afield and more remote. Africa is place to consider as it would be an adventure. South America, somewhere like Brazil would appeals as does Asia. Maybe I should go to Nepal and visit the monks...

I really don't know how I am going to decide where to go. Maybe I should get a list of places to go and draw straws or throw a coin for it. Anyway, I am sure with as the months go on, I will have a better idea as to where to go for my summer hols.



No comments:

Post a Comment