Friday 7 January 2011

Nuts...

You know I love peanuts. Chocolate based on peanuts seemed to have become my favourite snack. I noticed everyday I buy a bar of 'Mr Tom'. 'Mr Tom' is basically a long bar with peanuts 'stapled' together. It is coved in something 'gooey', most probably sugar as there is a sweet taste.

I have a pack of 'Mr Tom' in front of me now and am looking at the ingredients aside from peanuts. According to the pack, it contains 210 calories, sodium, fibre, sugars and proteins. Apparently 2000 calories are required everyday in the diet of an average person so I figure, 10 of these and I don't need anything else. Well...maybe not.

On the packet, it says HOSTA GmbH & Co which means 'Mr Tom' is a German company, it explains why the packaging is in a number of languages.

In addition to 'Mr Tom', I have developed a fondness for other nut based snacks too. I have a pack or two regularly of KP nuts. These nuts are always flavoured with something such as honey or the peanuts are dry roasted.

There is also a liking for 'Sesame Snaps' which as the name states is made from sesame. It is similar to 'Mr Tom' as it is covered in a syrup of some sorts which I'd image is also made from sugar.

As a result to eating these nut based snacks, I no longer indulge in chocolate bars such as the Mars bar, Twix or the KitKat. These chocolate bars seem to have been around for ages. I remember tucking into them 20 years ago, I figure they have been around for so long because they are very popular and people love them.

I don't know if its a fad but in the last 6 months nuts have become the favoured snack, maybe they will forever replace the good old Mars Bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment