Tuesday 4 January 2011

Back To Work

The Christmas and the New Year festivities are well and truly gone. Yesterday as back to work day and getting back the usual.

So I went back to work and sat in front of the computer. There was a mood of excitement with my colleagues. It seems as they are happy to get back in the groove, I think most of them were getting bored with staying at home and having to put with family.

I went through my emails, thinking there is lot of emails and work to catch upon. But surprisingly that was not the case. Clients had not got back to me with things that needed done which meant I was able to enjoy a free day.

I spent all day on Facebook chatting away with my buddies and taking an extended lunch break. I was away for 3 hours which gave ample time to hit the shop. The VAT had gone up to 20% which meant price of good had risen. No matter, it was great to stroll around, window shop and kill time.

I went to Pizza Hut for lunch with 2 of my colleagues and we enjoyed a 'happy hour' or is it 'happy lunch' promotion where one can eat as much as they want for a fiver. The Pizza place luckily was not jammed packed as usual. That is because the college kids had not gone back to school so there was ample space to sit down and relax.

Having not much to do, I was able to leave a hour or so before close of play and got home nice and early. It was an enjoyable day, if only everyday was like this......

No comments:

Post a Comment